HVAC Filter Cleaning
AC Filter Cleaning
Types Of HVAC Filters
- HEPA Filters: High Efficiency Particulate Air Filters, use very fine scales to screen contaminants up to 99.97%, recommended for medical uses and for people suffering from allergy.
- UV Filters: uses ultraviolet lights to kill viruses and bacteria. better for killing microorganisms than screening dust and pollutants.
- Washable Air Filters: suitable for long run applications especially when being removed & cleaned periodically.
- Pleated filters: made from polyester or cotton, more pleats means better filtering.
- Fiberglass Air Filters: Disposable Filters, provides protection more than providing screening from dust and pollutants.
- Electrostatic air filters: uses e-charging and magnetic dust, might or might not be washable.
Types of Hepa Filters & Labels
- True HEPA: this is the ideal real term, True HEPA label proves that this product has met all quality standards.
- HEPA type, HEPA like, .. : Manufacturers adds these terms on their products to confuse buyers. HEPA like & HEPA type does not comply to the standards of HEPA filters.
HVAC units that use HEPA filters provide great help for allergy and asthma because it provides high protection against dust, pollen and other allergens. HEPA filters installation and cleaning at Energy home service is done by licensed professionals.
Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value
Most Residential HVAC systems use MERV filters, it's not recommended to use hepa filters for your home AC system or Furnace. HEPA filters are not suitable for residential usage or houses with traditional HVAC system, because HEPA filters are highly air resistant it restricts Air Flow, therefore uses more energy. also the building should have positive pressure seal!
You need to make costly modifications to your current HVAC system to handle the installation of a true HEPA system or you might need to buy a new HVAC system that has strong air flow to handle the HEPA filters. that's why MERV-rated filter is the best option for most homeowners. For residential AC systems MERV Filters remove particulates & contaminants as good as HEPA filters.
HEPA Filters are mainly used in the medical field when air filtration must be done on the first go round. While with the MREV the air in your house will be recirculated through your MERV filters multiple times during the day, which is enough to make it clean & Healthy for your house needs.
- MERV Rating: the higher the MERV rating the better the filtration power, Rating of 13 to 16 means high MERV filter.
Where is my air filter located?
Air Filters in your house can range from complicated ones to simple screening ones. each HVAC unit type requires different type of filter installation, usually the air filter in your Heating and cooling system is located in the return air duct or the blower compartment. Some units place the air filter behind the return air grille, some air handlers place the filters at the bottom or the top of the unit, other units use filter-housing slot on the side of it.
Types of Air Filters at your House: Furnace filters, Dryer Vent filter, Humidifier filter, Electronic air filter, HRV filter, AC filter, Range Hood filter, Vacuum Cleaner filter, Cold air intake filter, Air Handler filter, Heater filter, Purifier filter.
Cleaning or Replacing the Air Filters?
Washing your filter is not recommended, it will increases the chance of mold and bacteria growth. Vacuuming your filter is the best choice when done professionally without causing tears or rips. it's better always to replace your air filters regularly because multiple cleaning will decrease their filtering capacity! Some Air filters need to be changed every 3 to 6 months, while others may last for 1 to 2 years. Energy Home Service can help you Clean or replace your house air filters with new filters Professionally.
Get your House Air Filters Cleaned Properly, Call us today at (647) 291-1646 to Reserve your appointment.
Local & Near Me Residential Air Filter Cleaning Cleaning Serviced Area: VAUGHAN ON, THORNHILL, AURORA ONTARIO, WOODBRIDGE, MAPLE, CONCORD, MARKHAM ONTARIO, RICHMOND HILL, KING CITY ONTARIO & NOBLETON ON, BOLTON CALEDON ON, NORTH YORK, NEWMARKET.